Monday 22 July 2013

Photos of Cycle for Ella

All overnighters

Congrats to all those who completed the cycle ride, I will post pics here as people send them to me, here is the first, the majority of cyclists at the camp site before leaving Glastonbury for Bristol on Sunday.


The main group of overnighters

In our Teenage Cancer Trust vests



Amy, Georgina and Annie at Wells Cathedral


Chew Valley Lake



Kings of the mountain - at the top of the hill out of Wookey Hole



The overnight-vanguard (those that cycled ahead of the main group):

Puzzling over a puncture - they did not have Mark Cox to help!


Somewhere on route - taken by Jo



Out-and-back on the same day

Shane and Jacqui Clinch in Glastonbury (I think they are at the thorn bush that is rumoured to have grown from Joseph of Arimathea's (Jesus's uncle no less) staff


The evening out

Drinking in Glastonbury centre (before we got moved on)


Support team

On Glastonbury Tor



4 comments:

  1. I assume the reference to cycle "rid" is re Aaron's bike - i.e. he needs to get rid ! knackered today folks- work was a bit of a struggle. great weekend and good to meet loads of you for the 1st time - a load more dosh for TCT as well ! still reflecting on how Annie got up those hills without stopping and how Emily could cycle faster than me going down them !! c u all on the 2nd Nov !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my downhill speed had something to do with the weight of my bike...tough on the up but great going down!! Thanks for all the support everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I will get my film developed next week and share them then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bob for organising, Mark for leading, Matthew for sweeping, Ken for leading our breakaway group, the Clutterbucks for bag-carrying, Cath for massaging, Support Team 2 (James + Sonia) and last but not least Support Team 1 - Jo, Mike + Steve. Well, and everybody really for a great weekend. Shelagh

    ReplyDelete